Small Arms Inspection Building

History

The Small Arms Inspection Building was designed in 1940. It was used as a large munitions plant for the Canadian Army through the Second World War until 1974. In 2017, the city purchased the building to renovate it into a bright, multi-purpose, open-concept arts and culture venue. Since then, the Small Arms Inspection Building has served as a creative hub for artists in the community and hosted events of all sizes.


SAIB Venue Info Banner 1226x400 1

 

Parking

Free parking is available on the east side of the building. The parking lot can accommodate up to 160 vehicles, with nine spots designated for accessible parking. Bike racks are available outside of the main entrance.

Location

The Venue is located on Lakeshore Road East, near the border between Mississauga and Etobicoke. It's conveniently located on the MiWay 5 Dixie and 23 Lakeshore bus routes and within a 10-minute walk from the Long Branch GOStation on the eastern border of the Mississauga waterfront.

 

Getting here

Small Arms Inspection Building is located on Lakeshore Road East, near the border between Mississauga and Etobicoke. It’s conveniently located on the MiWay 5 Dixie and 23 Lakeshore bus routes and within a 10-minute walk from the Long Branch GO Station on the eastern border of the Mississauga waterfront.